Product reviews: Ahava Dermud moisturizing shower cream

The Dermud line of products by Ahava is especially made for dry, very dry and sensitive skin. My skin is fairly dry but in the winter it sometimes feels so taut that it's actually painful. Since I don't use body lotions, I thought I'd try this shower cream to see if it would help. Of course Ahava products are made with minerals found in the Dead Sea, and people all over the world use these to help cure skin problems, so I knew I couldn't go too wrong. Also, I'm not unhappy with how my skin feels after I use their Mineral Shower Gel, but it doesn't seem to leave my skin feeling all that soft when the weather is cold.

The first thing you'll notice about this is that this really is a cream, and not a gel. This means it is very thick - almost toothpaste consistency - and you'll need to give the tube a good squeeze to get the product to come out. Mind you, this isn't very difficult and putting this into a tube that "stands on its head" certainly helps you get what you need out. The cream itself is coral colored and looks a touch lumpy, but when you start using it, the lumps melt away and you won't feel it's at all grainy or rough on your skin. You'll then notice that this is a very sweet, flowery-smelling, cream in stark contrast to their summery sea-smelling Mineral Shower Gel. I detected what seems like honeysuckle and jasmine in this cream. I also felt an undertone scent of something dry, which could be the smell of the Dead Sea mud. It seems to me that the sweetness of the flowers does a pretty good job of masking the medicinal scent of the mud - although not completely. This didn't bother me even though I'm not one for these types of girly scents. I also noticed that the perfume in this doesn't stay long on your skin so it won't clash with your favorite cologne.

Now if you're looking for something that will give you a luxurious lather, then stop reading right now. This cream doesn't seem to give you any suds at all - not when you use it on a flannel or even a puff, and certainly not when you apply it directly with your hands. In fact, you'll almost feel like you're washing yourself with body lotion. While this isn't the most unpleasant feeling I've ever had, it certainly was unique for me and while I was using it, I almost felt like I had picked up the wrong product to wash myself with. As for rinsing yourself off, since there aren't a whole lot of bubbles on your body, you might feel that it isn't washing anything away. Still, it won't leave you feeling unclean,